Proudly Showcasing the Madikwe Hills Upgrades
Upgrading of softs and furnishings at Madikwe Hills is an ongoing endeavor and keeps the lodge looking fresh and welcoming. Over and above these continuous upgrades, the past year has kept the Madikwe Hills team busy with the following revamps and improvements.
- Replacement of all walkways and decks throughout the Lodge (as well as adding a lookout deck at the bush braai site) with new eco friendly recycled plastic composite decking. The decking in 95% recycled and fully sustainable.
- All the swimming pools have been re-surfaced and re-edged.
- The curio shop was gutted and revamped, not only with new finishes but a range of superb curios and clothing. About 70% of the items in the shop are sourced from community projects.
- The Spa had a make-over with new fitting and furnishings, transforming it into a contemporary space to relax and indulge in pampering treatments.
- Little Madikwe’s lounge was remodelled into a modern yet comfortable space with beautiful new furniture and finishes and the kitchen was reconditioned with new cupboards, granite table tops and equipment.
- An amazing addition is the new raised viewing deck at Suite 6. It offers the ideal spot to relax and soak up the sights and sounds of the surrounding bush between game activities. It is also perfect for a romantic private dinner where you feel you are sitting on top of the world overlooking the expansive plans that surround Madikwe Hills.
- A project that is currently underway are the mesh doors that we are being installed in all Suite which will allow guests to sleep with the doors open and really appreciate the refreshing bush air and sounds.